Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One foot out the door

About four months ago I decided to take a leap of faith and come out about how being active in this lifestyle with one of four close friends.  It was very nerve wrenching and I waited for the right conversion to mention this. When I finally did, his response put me at ease. But he did warn me about mentioning this to the other three friends; especially my childhood friend.

The other day when we had an afternoon get together, he mentioned that he felt honored that I came out to him.

But I could never fully come out. Yeah I am 38 years old and live alone; but my family and extended family would likely further distance themselves from me. Even the possibility of loosing ties with the other three friends. 
Or worse be lectured by them about why, who and how wrong my lifestyle is.

No comments:

Post a Comment