Monday, May 23, 2011

Broken Heart..Pre-Sissy Part One

In 6th 7th and 8th grade,  I never felt that I fit with any of the classmates. Like most people who went to grammar school I was unpopular.
For example, doing valentines day I received the least amount of valentines day cards. While everyone else had received the same amount of valentines day cards.

This would be one of many situations where my heart was broken many times. Rather than go into details on every single one; I will focuse on two events with possibly some references to other ones and my brief eight month relationship.

1988 Freshman year in catholic high school.

I went to my first high school dance and after trying to mingle with some of my male classmates I walked up to this girl and ask her if she would like to slow dance. She quickly look me over and then started to laugh. She replied "It would be a huge embarrassment if I am seen dancing with you." Those words cut my heart into pieces. With watery eyes I start to leave. When I got home I locked the door to my bedroom turned on the radio and started to cry.

1992 Senior Year.
Ah! The Senior Prom. Perhaps the most overrated event in high school.
My instincts told me to not attend this event but a classmate who became a close friend, helped me find a date and no he was not setting me up for failure.
My prom date starting to complain on every little thing such as the weather. I tried to make the best of it even tried to cheer her up but in the end my heart was shattered even more.

During a slow dance to the song One by U2, I lean forward to try and kiss her she turned her head and started to laugh in my face and said "with a mug like that, not on your life."
We dropped her off at her house and foolish me gave her the souvenir champagne glass hoping to turn things around. Alas no. She purposely drop a champagne glass and proceeded to laugh even louder than before as she walked away.

I cried in my room for two days and it took me over 10 years to finally put that event behind me. I even burnt all the prom pictures in an attempt to cleanse those bad memories.

1 comment:

  1. Sad Stories Angie, wish people (especially kids) would be nicer

    Here is a link to those heels: http://www.polyvore.com/black_glitter_high_heels_french/thing?id=34461262

    ReplyDelete